(1) Run DaRouter and select one of the generic presets.
(2) Open Live, then go to OPTIONS>PREFERENCES. Click on the MIDI / Sync tab.
(3) The lower part of this window will have the
words “MIDI Ports” in a bar, and underneath all the installed MIDI controllers on
your system. Look for “Input: From DaRouter” and find to the right of it 3
boxes (the switches for TRACK, SYNC, and REMOTE). Click the first and last boxes – they will
turn yellow when they are on.
(4) Now in the same section, go a little lower and you’ll find “Output: To DaRouter”. Next to it, tick the same 2 boxes and make sure they turn yellow. Close the Preferences window.
(5) Now back in the main application, find a
control you want to map to. Let’s choose
the Track 1 volume fader as an example.
Right click the selected control and select “Edit MIDI Map”. MIDI mapable items in the interface will turn
light blue and you’ll see brackets appear around the selected volume fader.
(6) Live is now in “learn mode”. Move the control on DaScratch that you want the volume mapped to. You will see a small box with the MIDI mapping appear at the top right of the selected control.
(7) Right click the control and uncheck “Edit MIDI Map” (or press the blue MIDI button on the top right corner of the interface) to turn off MIDI mapping.
Please note that scratching of any kind is not natively supported by Live.